I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

coca-cola zero (worth it)

what a great weekend. relaxing. it didn't even feel to me really as if things in my life were actually happening. my mind wasn't going crazy...so the committee (in my head) must have gone on vacation as well. the water was nice, and i had a great time wasting our planet's natural resources with our boat.
watched Die Hard (the first one) and noticed the never ending theme of Ode To Joy. it was hard to watch because it was on TNT; thus it was edited. also this weekend i watched part of Saving Private Ryan on TNT and it was not edited. i couldn't believe my ears when they said fuck. it makes me wonder if they are going to get a fine from the FCC. don't get me wrong, i would prefer that the movies not be edited, but it is just kind of shocking to hear it when i grew up with a different idea in my head.
i read a report about the FBI cracking down and making more arrests of copywrite "pirates" and i wondered if they had been doing so well on the terrorism end of the spectrum that they had time to go after the real threat...pirates.
i myself being a pirate and also not liking Osama Bin Laden would prefer them to go in the other direction.
Al Franken is great and i wish he were running for governor of Washington instead of Minnesota in 2008 so i could vote for him. for all of you living in Minnesota in 2008 with good memories...vote for Al Franken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also appreciate a little Al Franken. He livens up a good three hours of my workday. I think he's thinking about running for senator, though, not governor. There was an article in the NYT about it--unfortunately it's over a week old, so you can only see part of it without paying, but here's the link anyway:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20B10FC385A0C768DDDAF0894DD404482

Anonymous said...

Grr, I typed in my name. Anyway, that last one was me.