I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

tempting fate, the return of:

lets see if i can do this again.

we sold our house.

okay, now to wait for the call that says the deal fell through. i found a friend through my dad to buy it...and i am getting out of my realty contract so that i can save a chunk of change.
the current plan is to move to portland and live in my aunts townhouse with her and my uncle, or live in my other uncles apt. above his garage. basically to look for a place and get to know the area a little better than if we had just taken a two day trip out there.
i don't know what i will do for work though. my plan is to live there for a year to gain residency then go to portland state to learn things that i only half know now, and to play the piano well (and not only by ear.) in that year i will either get a job there doing lord knows what for probobly not much more than minimum wage, or, i'll maintain a job with the railroad company i work for now to help them expand an office to the PNW. (the latter is my preference (because i would get to keep using their vehicle, and a steady (lesser than now)income.)) too many parenthasis.

more than anything i can think in a close tie to hiking and living in the PNW i am more excited to park my butt on our couch in the PNW to watch the complete LOTR. a blissful 12-13 hours of...well...bliss. a truly bedsore creating event!

2 comments:

amelia said...

can i say congratulations and knock on wood all at once? well, i just will. although, given the supreme court news, it might be better if y'all just emigrated to canada instead of stopping in the pacific northwest. eek!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations. Hope you don't leave TOO quickly, though, b/c as I just emailed Ruth, I'll be there for a bit in a couple weeks. For the record, I'd always be down with visiting Canada...