I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Friday, July 22, 2005

primal rage (the feeling, not the game)

why do i get crazy when i'm driving and someone cuts me off or worse...drives slower than the speed limit. i know i should be more relaxed and not in such a hurry. i also know that it is illegal to run people off the road or anything else associated with that...but dammit, i want to so bad.

i get irked when semi truck drivers don't look in their mirrors and just pull out to pass when you are in fact passing them. you know those anti road rage bill boards up all over..."smile", or "be greatful", well when my uncle and i were driving by one of those signs a while ago and he wasn't in a good mood "fuck you" is all i heard before succumbing to a bout of laughter. i wonder if those billboards are working for the public. i don't think they are working in L.A. county. my friend Ian reports that they have had a pretty good string of highway shootings to which i say, "fuck that". i think i can calm down enough to not get shot. "smile"...probobly not, "be greatful", every day of my life!

17 days.

1 comment:

Herr Vogler said...

I spent 2 years in a pretty small town earning my master's degree. I had to go there to learn what road rage was actually like. The real definition of lunacy is when you're on the main thoroughfair through town, it's only 2 lanes and you're behind grampa or (even worse!) farmer John on his tractor and they're doing - I kid you not - 20 mph in a 35 mph zone. It made me sooooo crazy. At least when you're stuck in rush hour traffic in the city there's a legitimate reason for being grossly under the speed limit. I like the city.