I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

the root of all evil: tempting fate 3

hello my friends. i miss you all, except for you Stephen...you can stay where you are. (Joke #1) Everything here is going very well. My wife and i have ventured downtown and gone hiking, so now that we've done everything one can do in Oregon we will move somewhere else. (Joke #2)
Actually since she's got here our house hunt has gone into major overdrive. i am not sure why but maybe it's because my (no offense to my family who we live wife, but i think it's my family) family, and my uncle that smokes. So we found a place that was cool and in a good location for 150K. We offered them 140K with the windows replaced and their realtor was insulted, no counter offer, just insulted. so we found another place the next day in a descent location and we made a full price offer of 120K. we are waiting to hear from them.
My wife has already had a job interview and everything else is going well.
one weird thing though; for those of you who went to Red River HS with me and remember Al Gundersen, i saw him on the telly this morning on "Good Morning Oregon." he was barbequeing ribs. how do i feel about it? fine. i could tell it was him from his slight lisp, and of course from his appearance.
have a great day everyone! today is supposed to be the last day the temp hits 80 in portland for the remainder of the year.

3 comments:

Herr Vogler said...

You went hiking downtown?

Herr Vogler said...

btw, good luck on the house, mate

Mikey the Pikey said...

Yeah...what he said!!! ;)