I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Monday, September 12, 2005

my brother-in-law

he is in the National Guard and has recently been put on alert. his 6 years is up in March, but it doesn't matter if he's been activated. Should i worry though? Next year is the midterm elections and i believe that our government is going to start our pullout of Iraq.
also, you know what makes me sick to my stomache? people thinking that blowing themselves up to kill civilians (or anyone for that matter) is martyrdom.

also, you know what else makes me sick? Rick Santorum blaming the results of Hurricane Katrina on the National Weather Service, saying that their predicting and their warnings were not sufficient, even though the warning they issued pretty much said that life would be very very difficult for weeks after the storm for anyone who stayed.
so yeah...let's not play the blame game.

31 days (until i move into my new place)

2 comments:

Herr Vogler said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bro-in-law. Hopefully he won't get called. My own brother is in the navy and has been since 1990. He's close to retirement (5 more years) which is pretty much the only reason he stays in. That and the navy pays hellagood to keep their enlisted men (before 9/11 they couldn't keep anyone). The last time he reenlisted they gave him a $30,000 signing bonus (up front), living and mileage stipends for living offbase (he was a recruiter for awhile) and then gave him his choice of duty. Not too shabby, I guess. He's on alert, too, but that was 10 months ago and still he's in Seattle.

People are starting to get restless. I think that the idea of midterm elections coming up in a year should scare the crap out of the bureaucrats regardless of which special interest-owned party they belong.

Herr Vogler said...

Just wait. The spammers will get you, too!