I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Monday, August 01, 2005

trading happiness for craziness

today begins our journey of materialized dreams...to phrase that in terms that i would use, we are packing like mofos and something is finally happening. tonight we are having a pizza/packing party to load our tiny ass trailer. i am afraid that we are going to have to leave behind quite a few things. this notion makes my wife crazy, and thus, in turn, makes me crazy. i would rather leave some stuff behind and not rent a u-haul. this would save us quite a bit of money to put toward furniture to replace that which we will have to leave.

after we are all packed we will be staying at my parents place for a week. i will be without my mac. my wife will be without her personal space.

it wasn't until two days ago that i started to realize that we are moving far away from everything we know. for my whole life i have lived within 80 miles of my parents...so this is going to be a big change for me. it will be nice though, because it will be like Ruth and I are pioneering our own lives now, free of strings and other stuff that...you know.

i like adventures. this will be a major one me thinks. i wonder what my wife will be willing to part with?

7 Days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha. i didn't have to "part" with anything!! yay!! and thanks to laura, katie, kevin, luke, brian, and jeff for helping us out, you all are awesome!!