I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

bread for the birds

hello my friends.
well...life in the big city. i have been here for a week and already i want my own place. i don't know if i'm using that as an excuse not to do stuff, but i might be. of course my wife won't arrive for another 10 days, so i am remaining for the most part, a hermit.
i have visited downtown and walked from the light rail to campus (to make sure i wouldn't have to drive into downtown every day.) it turns out campus is only about a half mile from the station, so yay for that.
i have been going crazy every day looking for a place. i want my own place so that i can unpack the trailer and just start living normally.
i found one place that was near a thoroughfare and close to the max line. i called the realtor thats helping me and she called me back later that day telling me that they had already sold the place that day. not to fear though, because it is a rowhouse...so there are like thirty of them in a row. the builder had three places left, however they raised their price $5000. about $5000 out of my budget. so anyway housing around here is damn crazy. not that its not crazy elsewhere, but i am just not used to it yet. i think it will take quite a bit of sluething to find a "dreamplace" whatever that may be.
the weather out here has been abnormally warm for this time of year. its been near ninety every day...too hot. i am not complaining though, because according to my uncle, i shouldn't have to shovel day one during the winter.
more later, and pics to come when we find a place to live.

10 Days (until the wife arrives.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reed - Sarah sent me the link to your blog so have been reading about your travails. I feel like a voyeur, reading without you knowing about it. Hope you find a place soon. I can already tell something is missing from GF! Tally ho ho.

Sarah's mamacita

Anonymous said...

mamacita...ha...that's funny. i miss you reed. love brian.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mrs. Perry! Hi, Brian! Hi, Mike! Oh, yeah...Hi, Reed!