I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

hello planet Earth...it's me...Reed

i know i fell off the face of you, but i'm back...now.

enough of that.

i have to aplogize to my faithful reader about having not blogged...so, i'm sorry.

i haven't been busy or anything, just lazy.

i have met with a professor at PSU and been advised (though not thoroughly).

Ruthie (wife) and i have joined church choir, and right away we get to sing John Stainer's Crucifixion. i haven't heard it before, but i was told it is similar to Gilbert & Sullivan. if this is true, i am in heaven...for i am the pirate king.

my audition into the PSU music dept. is on the 11th, so i had to scramble to find an accompanist...i was only told two days ago that the dept doesn't provide one.

i am assembling my tax info to hopefully get some money back.

i have been following the news (hamas' democratic coup) and the scandal's from Washington DC. one question...Hamas was elected democratically but we aren't going to recognize them because they support terrorism and the death of Israel. someone enlighten me as to how i should feel about this...this means you Amelia.

i watched the presidents state of the union and the democrat's response. i feel disenfranchised. no we should not make the tax cuts permenant unless Bush wants our country to file bankruptcy. Bush lumped abortions in with crime when he was talking about what was on the decline...which i don't agree with his characterization. and he is saying how he wants America to commit itself to provide very strong education of math and science, but then he talks about how we should not grow embryos just for research (which to me feels kind of anti-scientific.)

i watched a special on PBS called Frontline: Al Qaeda's new front...one word...scary.

i saw Brokeback Mountain and found it to be one of the sadder love stories i've seen.

got the soundtrack to Munich and love it absolutely. very haunting. i haven't seen the movie yet. nor have i seen Memoirs (or heard the soundtrack). i have been searching for an inexpensive Battlestar Galactica soundtrack because the warrior-bard said i should.
but no one on ebay will trade me one for my granola bar.

other than that, i have been working over the internet for my company (not really mine, just the one i work for). making a webister for my company (the one that will hopefully someday feed me from it's income alone.) which you can check out at here. i have also been editing some home video, and planning a one-day snowboard trip to Mt. Hood (which has over 18 feet of snow...yay.) and writing some music. currently i am working on a "nocturne" that hopefully will work in the opening sequence of Mike S's "1 In 9."

so yeah...other than that...i am lazy.

have great days all around.

4 comments:

Mikey the Pikey said...

Isn't Munich great! Wow!!! Go see it, go see it NOW, before it's too late. In retrospect though, I love the score, but something about Lisbeth Scott's vocals in bugging me (in a bad sort of way).

Battlestar may be one of the greatest shows on television right now (next to 24)...but the music, in my opinion at any rate, leaves something to be desired (sorry Tim). I can understand scoring against type (i.e. small, simple orchestra with lots of solo instruments and electronics rather than big 'ol honkin' orchestra with big ol' honkin' sound), but at the same time, I not sure what else I would do with it. Oh well...


Auditioning Sucks!!!

Herr Vogler said...

I would like to say good luck as well.

Let us know how it goes!

Mikey the Pikey said...

Gee, guess I'm the dickhead today. Here I went and forgot to wish you good luck n'all, oh well, better late then never...

GOOD LUCK!!!

Herr Vogler said...

Reed! Come back to us! Don't go toward the Light! Come back to us!