I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

the force is iffy

i had my
audition
for PSU
on saturday.
it went well
(i hope) and
the professors
seemed to be
all smiles.
here's me in
my new suit.






the one thing i have noticed is that a few of the people in the dept. don't really seem to know what's goin on. my point being is that about three weeks ago when i had an advisor's meeting i asked if the dept. provides an accompanist for the auditions and the answer was, "no, if you are auditioning on the scholaship weekend (which i did) then you must provide your own." so i scrambled to find an accompanist and get some sort of practice in.

so day of the auditions i noticed that no one else had brought an accompanist. i felt stupid. but...i felt comfortable because my accompanist and i had a (very short) history together so she knew how i would be performing and also where i liked to breathe. hopefully it made me look a little bit more professional. but that is always up in the air.

other than that...watching the olympics. and writing on my nocturne.

so peace my friends.

and a congrats to fockin bakken boobs n' bones for her engagement!!! and kevin too.

6 comments:

Reed said...

i sang "weep you no more" by Roger Quilter. and "the dasies" by Samuel Barber.

i asked them after my little interview if they wanted me to sing anything else...maybe some Frank Sinatra. they only giggled.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks from Fockin' Bakken. Too bad Kevin and I won't have the same name...nothing rhymes with Dobmeier, you know?

I'm sure you sang beautifully. Good luck!

Herr Vogler said...

Those are great songs, especially the Quilter.

You almost look respectable, too!

Reed said...

funny thing. i was actually going for hitman.

Herr Vogler said...

"This union, there's gonna be meetings?"

"Of course!"

"No meetings."

Reed said...

Grosse Pointe Blank