I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

my apologies, Lou...


what did i do last week? i went to Florida.
originally i went to conduct a "safety for forklifts" course, but after being replaced, i was there to hang. so hang i did. with my brother as a local there was no shortage of excellent restaurants to partake in.



the first full day we had we went to the beach to bob around in the waves. it was awesome, especially since the water was sooo warm. i told my brother not to pee before we went in case i was stung by jellyfish. the above picture is my good looking "old man."



this is my baby brother and i. no better person to have watching after you in case sharks attack!



here's me showing off my one true god given, unpractised talent.



the next day, my brother and father each got a tattoo of "the polar bears." i think it can now qualify as a family crest. i got mine over three years ago, and IT is on the left. my brother's is in the middle, and my dad's is on the right.



while at the parlor i had a very tough decision to make...get a tattoo, or get a big tattoo? i chose a descent size (however, the wife thinks its huge...and i do admit that it is my biggest yet.) the design is of a european eagle crest. i've had this design in mind for a while (sorry Lou(i promise this one won't attack you (unless you make it made) because i have complete control over it)). here it is in its first stage.



here is my new favorite artist, Matt Williams, working on it. at this point he is about halfway through the amazingly short 3 hour session. his skills are quite undeniable and he has quite a bit of experience.



here is the finished product. i am so stoked on how it came out. i know most of my readers aren't into tattoos for themselves, but if you ever change your mind, you will never go wrong with any of the artists at Hula Moon Tattoo.

15 days until reunitation!!!! too long

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice coordination, Reimers!
For the record, I was able to pick out the original without being told--do I win a prize?
Reed, I hear our GF time may overlap. I'm gonna be there from about July 29 to Aug 4. Will I see you?

Ian D. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ian D. said...

Nice work on the new tat. Now the lion has someone to play with.
The new family crest, very nice. Pass the word along to Bill and your big brother. When are Ruth and your mom getting theres?

Mikey the Pikey said...

After evaluation of your family, I'm beginning to think we should change our group from The Grand Poobah Order of the Glorious Bastards to The Grand Poobah Order of the Large Scary Men (who also happen to be Glorious Bastards).

Mikey the Pikey said...

Sorry...that should read Psychotic Bastards. I think I had just read something about Tarantino's new project right before I wrote that.

And besides, it's not like we've done anything with it since we formed anyway! We should have a GPOPB Hour-of-Power or something.

Reed said...

or a website...

word ver.: fnybcars

Herr Vogler said...

Hey! Aren't you supposed to be back Tuesday? Some of us are expecting some serious bloggercizing in the coming weeks!

Reed said...

my plane leaves the great plains tomorrow at 5:00 a.m. so about the beginning of next week you will see a new post (including my film score picks).
i promise not to fall off of the grid like michael s... unless jack bauer gets to me first.