I see the whale, and the waves keep coming. DAMN THIS PEG-LEG!

Monday, July 10, 2006

how does one gain access to heaven anyway?


this is a picture of my buddy Brian McG. in Lake Andrusia. that is one of the things we did over the fourth of july weekend. it was really fun, tubing, wakeboarding, swimming, eating. what wasn't fun was hyperextending my elbow. Seeing the wife my have been the highlight. a close second was learning how to play Coheed & Cambria's "Always and Never" on a borrowed guitar. if you haven't heard that song i recommend trying to listen to it as it is maybe the most sadistic lullabies i have heard.

back to brian. when we went to x-men 3 he said we have to wait until the hidden scene after the credits, little did i know that "little latin loopy lou" (his future wife?) recommended he say that. happy now Laura?

as far as St. Cloud being on my list of least favorite communities, i do not regret this decision. even though the hoovers now hail from there. you should also know that ruth's grandma resides there, and Ruth feels the same way about "the cloud" as i do. Sorry Hoov.

here is a challenge for the crew (herr vogler, mikey the pikey, warrior bard, michael s., and anyone else who is privy to the information i seek. which is better or worse or equal (and why) finale 2006 or sibelius 4? i am in the market and the info i've read doesn't seem decisive enough.



23 days until my wife and i are reunited.

2 comments:

Herr Vogler said...

Glad to see that you're having a good time! All work and no play, you know?

Anyway, as far as Sibelius versus Finale goes, I think the following. Both have their strengths and weaknesses though personally i would recommend Sibelius. it's the third notation program i've used (Composer's Mosaic by MOTU as an undergrad, Finale in grad school and now Sibelius) and it seems to be the most intuitive program I've used. in addition, the manual is actually easy to understand!!! When I first started using it about a year and a half ago I was creating full scores out of the box the first day. I'd say that's pretty easy. I'm still learning stuff about the program (mostly in the realm of avant-garde notation) but the basics are pretty easy to grasp. I'll have to let the Pikey comment about the difficulties, if any, of importing Sibelius files into Performer for sequencing.

Just my thoughts, though. There are some people out there that get downright weird about their affinity for one program over the other. I've used both. I like both. But I prefer Sibelius.

Mikey the Pikey said...

Haven't used Finale a lot, but when I did, I didn't care for it. I really like Sibelius, but I'm still learning a lot about it. The hard part is getting MOTU's Mosaic (that thing Brad and I learned in undergrad) out of my head.

Nice thing about Sib 4 is it let's you synch to video. Although I still prefer DP4 for that sort of thing.